We love music. We love that beautiful, chaotic chorus that music and culture make when they collide, forming harmonic niches of like-minded people. But most of all, we love the music we love – the music that speaks to our culture and place in the world.
We don’t need 30 million tracks to choose from. We want OUR music, curated for us. What we want is streamed music for our niche, available anywhere, anytime.
So that is exactly what we have built. Niche music streaming services for the music we, and you, love.
To make this all possible, we are backed by seasoned investors and an expert advisory board, and our platform is powered by world class technology. As a proof of concept, our team built the first niche music streaming service in Africa. Called Liedjie – Afrikaans for “song” – it features music and curated playlists from South Africa’s favourite Afrikaans artists. With over seven million native Afrikaans speakers and countless festivals, events, TV channels, radio stations and print and online media dedicated to this community, it makes sense to offer fans a home for the music they love.
Why? Because we believe it’s time to:
- Make music streaming profitable
- Better the one-size-fits-all music streaming service model. More engaged users per channel, more users collectively.
- Capitalize on the burgeoning emerging markets where the giants of the streaming music business fear to tread.
- Prove that niche ≠ small, but can actually drive huge value.
- Build a digital music service that can operate on a B2B model. (Watch this space.)
- Build mobile first.
- Focus on the power of data
- Empower rights holders and artists to earn more $$$
NicheStreem is a proud finalist of the FNB Business Innovation awards 2016
Sign up for our newsletter
Be the first to know when new services launch, or to suggest new streams by mailing us at email@example.com.